Sunday, March 29, 2009

"There's a liiiiiight...."

Okay fine...so the rest of this line is actually, "...over at the Frankenstein place..." but the first part of it was very appropos. *LOL*

In case you couldn't get the emails I sent or couldn't open the pictures due to size - here they are just as I promised:

First - the pencil sketch - matted in deep blue velvet:



And now the oil painting - matted in maritime red textured and tufted velvet:


So what do you think about the pictures themselves and the matting and frame choices? I found the "driftwood" styled frames at Hobby Lobby and thought they were just what I needed.

Let me know what you think guys! *G*

3 comments:

Harbor Hon said...

I think those are fantastic! What a great Christmas present for you! And only you could think to put them in a driftwood frame. They go with everything else you've framed too. Do you still have the sand piece with the attached to it? xxoo

Harbor Hon said...

Oh, and you know I LOVE that song too! xxoo

wvpaperwings said...

Toto, the pictures are beautiful! I didn't know you resided with an artist! Oh, and there is another song that begins the same way as the one you used does; it goes,,, "There's a liiiiight...a certain kind of liight...that never shown on meee..." -- do you know this one? (hint- BeeGees)
And another that is more fitting to your pictures: "There's a lighthouse on the hillside, that overlooks life's seas..."
Now the song you used, I have no idea what that is!